My Best 10 of All Time... 10 Albums of All Time


Hey world!
It's been a while since... yea, since these and those. 
I'm back again refreshed and reinvigorated, with such a bloody bold topic. Yes, today after almost a month crawled with the choices, I present you..."MY TOP 10 ALBUMS OF ALL TIME!"

I'm so very aware of, that literally millions music albums has released to this wonderful world,
and absolutely with divine quality in it. But I'm stressing that this is definitely come out of
my consciousness, and the reasons I chose my 10 albums, I will address it below (one thing for sure, there's no skipping a song, so these albums are so fit to be played in turntable) IMHO.

Bear with me and thank you for read this blog despite your tight activities. 


=======================================================================

                                                   
- My Top 10 Albums of All Time -
-----------------------------------------------------------------


# 10.  TRAGIC KINGDOM

ARTIST / GROUP : NO DOUBT

YEAR  : 1995


The reason I choose this album and include in my list, is so personal, and it goes to the rest of the albums in the list. Back in the analog era, before internet is a main needs of people, I bought the
cassette, and I swear that was my best decision. All the songs are super great music quality for
the 90's standard. Despite, 1 song that hit the radio chart and looks like or supposed to be not in a musical match quality compare of the rest of the songs, so yes because of "Don't Speak" I made this album to be number 10. I would placed it to number 8 or 7 if it is no that song in this great album.

Oh yea, I also, as usual, provide you with the teaser video, for all the albums.

WATCH ME, PLEASE


GET THE FULL ALBUM HERE
=======================================================================

#9.  ODESEY AND ORACLE

ARTIST / GROUP : THE ZOMBIES

YEAR  : 1968


What makes this underrated album be in the list is... Kyoto.
Year ago, I did a freelance job and had to away from my girlfriend soon to be a wife. See, when you're in a state of long distance relationship, you will used to be in a lonely condition, and in that condition made you acknowledge more things that usually you've been ignored to. This album is one of the things. It became my soundtrack of life at that time. Every time at the after hours in Kyoto, I rode my bike along the Kamo river edge, and listened to this album through headphones. I suddenly enlightened by the songs, it is, I guess, a collective of love in a long distance relationship stories. 
You might wanna listen to the whole songs in this album and tell me that I'm wrong.

WATCH ME, PLEASE
  

GET THE FULL ALBUM HERE
=======================================================================


#8. IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING

ARTIST / GROUP : KING CRIMSON

YEAR  : 1969


I'm one of the person that 'late-bloomer' in a Prog Rock music. I was in my freshmen year, and that time was a musical personas blooming. I still brought along my standard psychedelic persona to the campus, until I met this guy. He introduced me to the Progressive sound and then all things led to this magnificent album. It is a mind blowing.

WATCH ME, PLEASE 

GET THE FULL ALBUM HERE 
=======================================================================

#7. SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND

ARTIST / GROUP : GENESIS

YEAR  : 1973


I dunno about the year of 1973, seems like many great stuffs came from it. Such as, Japanese single malt Hakushu created, and also 'The Dark Side of The Moon'. Yes, you my good reader must be scream from the top of your lung that I didn't include that album in my list (spoiler alert), I'm deeply sorry about that as I told you before that this list is straightly personal. 
This album made me awe of the stage act performance. Peter Gabriel and his weird-but-eccentriq-uesqe, and also I realized that Phil Collins once a super duper great one. No offense.

WATCH ME, PLEASE


GET THE FULL ALBUM HERE
=======================================================================


#6. EXTRAORDINARY MACHINE

ARTIST / GROUP : FIONA APPLE

YEAR  : 2005


With due respect to my wife, I found myself to be a 'fanboy'. If there's a question who's your opposite sexual artist crush? I answer it, Fiona Apple. It just not that the looking. It's her musical. Back in the 90's I already had a crush, but kinda shy to admit because my Punk-Rock-self-affiliated didn't allow me to. Until in my Senior year of college, she released this magnificent album. The crush came again, and came along a woman who also adore Fiona and this album. Oh by the way, that woman... is my wife now. Ain't love grand!

WATCH ME, PLEASE

GET THE FULL ALBUM HERE 
===================================

#5. I GOT DEM OL' KOZMIC BLUES AGAIN MAMA!

ARTIST / GROUP : JANIS JOPLIN 

YEAR  : 1969


Back in the day, when there's no podcast around. Radio still consumed teenagers mind. As for me, there was this radio station that always aired the music from the past. In one session, they have a special program about 60's female singers. When the late great Janis heard to my ear, I knew I have to own the records. So it went, day by day me and my friend, the one who introduced weird music, consumed our time with vintage cassette hunting. Voila, in one sunday morning, lady luck walked along beside me, as I found this album in a cassette format. Bought it, opened it, there's a signature of the previous owner with the year written. 1981. Wow, the year I was brought to this kinky world.

WATCH ME, PLEASE

GET THE FULL ALBUM HERE 
=======================================================================

#4. LET IT DIE

ARTIST / GROUP : FEIST 

YEAR  : 2004


I know nothing about Canada music scene, until I fully listened to this mighty album. Feist made me dig more about Canada. At that time, internet has taken any soul living. Thank god she released the album in the year of there was no records brought to my attention. This one is clever. Perfect combination of good marketing and creativity in music. Kudos. 

WATCH ME, PLEASE 


GET THE FULL ALBUM HERE
=======================================================================

#3. FIRST BAND ON THE MOON

ARTIST / GROUP : THE CARDIGANS 

YEAR  : 1996


Proudly a product of the 90's, but another case that I still in a punk rocker persona, even though I knew this album is totally a far out album, I had to ignore it a while. Until in medio 2000, I once in a band as a drummer, it was a side kick project for me to be honest, coz nobody played psychedelic. This band, one of the member played this album. Boom! the barrier has broke loose. 
With the medley-concept-abbey-road-feel, this album is a must have. 

     
WATCH ME, PLEASE

GET THE FULL ALBUM HERE
=======================================================================

#2. BACK TO BLACK

ARTIST / GROUP : AMY WINEHOUSE

YEAR  : 2006


Ugh, what can I say. This album... such a pain in the neck. How's so? Because in the midst of not cool music reigned the media platforms, she came. With 50's girl band looks and the voice of full of sorrow, she rocked mine... and my wife adoration. 
This album is so affecting our relationship, me and my wife included this album as a neutral zone in our slightly difference in musical preferences. The day she passed, was our gloomiest day in our life. 
Such a great loss.
In honor of hers, my wife decided that she wanted to have this album in vinyl format as one of our wedding hampers. I said yes, but she already took action. She bought it and wanted me to bring it in our wedding ceremony. See... it's personal uh.

WATCH ME, PLEASE

GET THE FULL ALBUM HERE
=======================================================================

BEFORE WE STEP INTO #1, I WANT TO THANK TO ALL OF YOU THAT STILL BEAR WITH ME, AND I ALSO TAKE IN JUSTICE TO PRESENT THE HONORARY MENTION OF ANOTHER GREAT ALBUM THAT NOT IN MY LIST. 
- FAIRPORT CONVENTION - FAIRPORT CONVENTION
- THE BLACK ALBUM - METALLICA
- AXIS: BOLD AS LOVE - THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE
and... THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

SO...

NUMBER 1

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band


ARTIST/GROUP : THE BEATLES

YEAR : 1967


No, I am not being cliche, and I wasn't hypnotized by the big fish in music platform that rated this album as a summit of it all. It just that, that's the way it is. 
This album affecting the way I enjoy the music and change the perspective of what supreme one is.  

I will tell my kid that this one is a helluva album and pass it on to his or hers. 

WATCH ME, PRETTY PLEASE

GET THE FULL ALBUM HERE



thank you, world. 
stay safe!


****6*****6*****6****



















Comments